Monday 8 October 2012

Alternate Daily Fasting - Week 1

As I mentioned in the previous post I have decided to try Alternate Daily Fasting (see previous post for all the gory details), as part of this experiment I will post a weekly review discussing my experiences and the results.

Week 1 Weight loss
I record my weight every day but use my weight on a Saturday morning as the measure for week to week comparisons.

In week 1 I lost 1 lb, this was despite eating a diet that was considerably worse that my normal diet.

The inter day totals are interesting, if not really meaningful, the peak weight loss was 4.6 lbs, the peak weight gain was 0.6 lbs, and as mentioned previously the week on week today was -1 lb.

Week 1 Review
Although I am only doing one 100% fasting day a week, I have now added 3 partial fasting days which results in a greater caloritic deficit. The partial fasting days (500 calories) were more difficult than the pure fasting day, because of the pure fasting days I don't think about what I am going to consume (as there is no consumption), the partial days require thought and planning because there is consumption.

Week 2 Plan
After seeing that I still lost weight even after an excessive week I am interested to see what the totals will look like on a 'clean' week - this is the goal for week 2. Also, due to the nature of the 14 day cycle, in even weeks I end up with a partial fast day, 100% fast day, and another partial fast day in a row which should also provide greater weight loss.

Assessment of ADF
After one weeks experience my current feeling is that this would be a great regime for maintaining weight especially if you over indulge on the feed days. I will update this assessment each week taking into account the experiences of that week and hopefully at the end of the experiment will have some solid information on how this works for me (and hopefully might work for you).

No comments:

Post a Comment