Thursday 30 August 2012

First time fasting report - Ian

Here's a report from another first time faster:


Hello,

Here is a short report on my first 24 hr fast.

I have struggled with my eating habits for 20 years, I have recently improved my eating but wished to have more control of my cravings, so after inspiration from another my first fast took place.

I decided to start in the evening 1830hrs until 1830 hrs the next day here is how it went:

The evening was quite easy, and I didn't have to think too much off to bed at 10 pm, with a glass of water.

Up at six the next day and off for a busy day at work, said yes to colleagues for a morning cup of tea, .........almost......that was habit, so I had a nice glass of water instead.

The first time I became aware of the fast was about 2pm, so I had some more water, and got ready for the drive home.

From around 1700 hrs I seemed to produce a lot of saliva, and my jaw ached slightly? Was I losing control? No!

I drove home feeling hungry

1830 hrs approached, so I ensured that my forthcoming meal was the usual small portion , or what was the point of all the effort.

1830 nice meal, and the following weeks cravings seemed more manageable!

The fast for me was a mental game, the body was fine with it, onto the next one.

Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment